Grandma left us last Wednesday, 10.09.08 and she was 76. 10,9,8,7,6 they say. God's timing is perfect-even in death. We are brought here with a purpose and an assignment.
It was definitely heartbreaking because this was the first time I experienced the lost of a loved one. But as a family of Christ, we know that she is safe in Heaven and free from her sufferings. The funeral was held over three days, many guests turned up and we received more than 80 wreaths of flowers, enough to surround the whole place inside and out. They were all so pretty and it did brighten up the place. Services were held every night to minister and to pay tribute to Grandma. Until now the hymn still stays in my head and Jeremy and I were singing it just yesterday. "In the sweet, by and by, we will meet on that beautiful shore..."
Even though I'm not really close to Popo, but I will always remember her loud and distinct voice whenever she comes up to our house every week. My mum and her will talk as if they are shouting to each other because Popo cant hear very well. They both have the same habit, that is before you can even finish answering, they'll go "huh!". So then you have to repeat whatever that you've said. But their chatterings always liven up the house.
Every chinese new year, she'll prepare a huge pot of chap chye and our all-time favorite curry. I still have clear images of her laughter and her smile whenever the relatives gather to play blackjack.
Even though her physical self has left, her soul and all the wonderful memories we had together will always stay in us. We are comforted to know that she is safe in the arms of God and I thank God that she had surrendered her life to Him.